[pchelpers] Re: Format Large Hard Drive w/ FAT32

  • From: "Robert McLellan" <bobmclellan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 06:49:04 -0500

Susan,
     By now I suspect you know that you can format a large drive with FAT32
so the question is what are you using to try to do it with?  The format
command that comes with Win95 can't do it and if you put it in an older
computer who's motherboard doesn't support large drives you won't be able to
do it.  But if you have a new machine and Win98 or Me boot floppies you can
do it.

Bob McLellan