[pchelpers] Re: FTP Site

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:02:35 +1200

Gerald Gollinger wrote:
>   I am using CuteFTP  7.2 Home.  When I click on the Connect button the
> program indicates Connecting but has the following error message:  File
> Transfer Log,  Request Denied, Verify that the file or folder exists and that
> you have the necessary permission on the server to perform the requested
> operation.
>   That is why I want to delete mymanhattanvicinity off the Verizon server
> and either set it up in the same name or followed by the number 2.
Given that description, the following could have happened:
1) Something has changed on the server, meaning a new password or user
id may be needed to access it. This could occur if the data is
transferred to a new server by the hosting provider.
2) If your account on the server has been updated, the login details may
not be the same anymore. The host should provide you with new login ID
and password, and confirm the path and/or IP to the server.
3) Passwords may have been affected for other reasons, such as attacks,
hacking or other security issues.

In any case, the hosting provider should accommodate its users needs for
access. You likely have a webmaster who is contactable there that could
handle it for you, or their 'anonymous' hosting system through feedback
pages or the like.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246