[pchelpers] Re: FTP Site

  • From: Gerald Gollinger <gerald3nyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 19:00:57 -0700 (PDT)

John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Even most amateur sites support
FTP. How do they suggest you upload
pages to it? By the way, the link works from here.

  If  I want to keep the status quo and not add or delete anything that will be
fine.  Only Yahoo  indexed this site.  Support is construed as customer
service. Netcom too did not provide customer service.  Scott mentioned that
Acrobat 5 is no longer supported.  The  program works fine but  what Scott
means is that customer service is not available.  Ditto Windows 3.1  and
Windows 95.  The PC will work  but Microsoft will not entertain or address
questions on these application programs.

  Back to Verizon I pay for DSL  phone  line,   Web and email access, and and
extra $9.95  for 500 MB  of disk space.  I used to use Web hosting and for a
year owned the name My Manhattan Vicinity.   I was an affiliate for several
companies.  I joined a network where  people reviewed my  website to go  up in
standing but not ONE person even clicked on an ad  much less purchase anything
through me.  So I did not renew the name or  Web hosting.  With large companies
like Netcom,  AT&T,  Verizon et al the  FTP disk space is a freebie but
technical problems are for the user to solve.

  Gerald

Gerald Gollinger wrote:
> One of my FTP sites cannot be accessed
> http://mysite.verizon.net/mymanhattanvicinity/
>
> I telephoned Verizon and they do not support FTP The password no
> longer works. I am thinking of allotting it zero disk space and renaming
> it something like My Manhattan Place. On second thought I may be able
> to remove it from Verizon system but withdraw myself from a newsletter
> Ifirst. Any better ideas?
>
> Gerald

Ring'em or ping'em. Make  PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.