[pchelpers] Re: FTP Site

  • From: Gerald Gollinger <gerald3nyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:25:40 -0700 (PDT)

John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Gerald Gollinger wrote:
> John Durham wrote: Ok, but that still does not clear up how you got the pages
> to the site
> in the first place. Did you use some integrated feature of Frontpage for
> example.
>
> Note you can get cute FTP for this from here:
> http://www.cuteftp.com/products/ftp_clients.asp
>
> As previously mentioned when my PC registry failed I restored the PC to the
> factory setting. Perhaps I misspelled mymanhattanvicinity or used a different
> password in the beginning. I do not remember now. Verizon noted my secret
> question was invalid and customer service gave me a cryptic password which I
> changed to something simpler. I have another website But upload to
> mymanhattanvicinity does not work any more.
> http://mysite.verizon.net/longislandvicinity/ but the search engines are
> ignoring it since there are a lot of sites that use Long Island Vicinity but
> not as the website name. I use long Island vicinity to promote a club based
> on Long Island. There is no commercial value and without search engine
> support no one will notice it or perhaps buy it.
>
> Gerald
Alright, you had a password. Still unsure if you used it in an FTP
program to upload files or in something else. Awaiting response.

  I am using CuteFTP  7.2 Home.  When I click on the Connect button the program
indicates Connecting but has the following error message:  File Transfer Log,
Request Denied, Verify that the file or folder exists and that you have the
necessary permission on the server to perform the requested operation.
  That is why I want to delete mymanhattanvicinity off the Verizon server  and
either set it up in the same name or followed by the number 2.

countries) for 2¢/min or less.