[pchelpers] Re: CD Drive

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 09:58:39 +1300

On 9/11/2010 9:35 a.m., Jo Wells wrote:
> Thanks for the reply........she had to call in a maintenance
> man.........the power supply was shot and the system was
> over-heating.  All is well now.........thanks again.
So the drive was just a symptom? This is a good example of what a person
on the spot can do. Nobody on the list could see what he saw.
This cause (although rare) is entirely capable of bringing the system
down. Unfortunately the original symptoms didn't give us much idea of
the source of it. This is why the man on the spot has the best chance to
diagnose and repair the problem.
--
Regards, John Durham
Fax/Phone 64 4 5286786