[pchelpers] Re: AMD Sempron Chip

  • From: Gerald Gollinger <gerald3nyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Gerald Gollinger wrote:

> So what is the story of Emachines and the Sempron chip?

I have been told that the Emachines has the highest return rate.
When I was working as a tech, the Emachine was the ones that
I worked on the most for hardware problems (mainly power supplies),
then Gateway and then Dell.

Pc

Pc,

  Scott made a point about a product being "too cheap."  However  Emachines
are being sold  for $399 with a $50 mail in rebate.  But as mentioned elsewhere
when Vista comes out PC companies with better quality control  will be dumping
their Windows XP  machines  for the  new Vista OS. With  regard to  Emachines
what time  frame were you talking about that Emachines has a large incidence of
power failure?  Emachines are a German  company and this country factories were
rebuilt since World War II.    China products are inexpensive too but uses
foreign technology. I am trying to get an objective opinion here.

  Gerald

http://mail.yahoo.com