[patriots] Re: Water Meters

  • From: john TIMBRELL <johntimbrell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ukpatriot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ukpatriot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 19:58:43 +0000

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/official-defra-confirms-smart-water-meters-are-not-compulsory/Whatever.
They are not compulsary accordingb to this.

Subject: [patriots] Re: Water Meters
To: patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ukpatriot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: patriotsplace1103@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 18:14:44 +0000

Hi Dianne,

Don't confuse these meters with the 'Smart' meters that the gas
and electric companies want to fit. Water meters are usually
fitted outside off your own property. They are purely
mechanical. I used to work at the company that made them!

Since they belong to the water company and are not located on
your own property I don't think there is much you can do. The
question of a contract I don't think enters into it. This is
just a more accurate way of measuring what you use.

I hope this has been helpful.

Jack

On 13/12/2015 17:55, Dianne Carr wrote:

Jack can you help
here. To cut a long story short my daughter is with a Housing
Association and has been moved to another property as the
flats where she lived are being pulled down. She has had a
letter from Wessex Water to say all new tenants private or
otherwise have to be fitted with a water meter. According to
what I can find on the internet the government gave all the
water authorities the right to fit water meters because of the
shortages of water in some
areas??? So Wessex have now taken upon themselves to fit water
meters in every property when a new tenant or private or new
purchaser of the property moves in. This cannot be right,
shouldn't there be a signed contract with them for this. I
will send this out to all to see if anyone has any advice, but
if I remember rightly you have had an up and downer with your
water supplier. Di

This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected
by Avast. www.avast.com