[ourplace] Re: New York City

  • From: Karen Delzer <catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 11:20:32 -0700

Well, it may be different for home e-mails, then. We have had Verizon for a long time, but then, they were eaten by Frontier and the e-mail service went to AOL. We thought we would have to change our e-mail extension to aol, but we weren't required to do that. Recently, we changed our phone service to Time Warner Cable, but, as you can see by looking at my e-mail address here, it still says Verizon. So even though we have gone through some changes, because we keep the address current, we have not been required to change it. Strange, but we'll take it. Didn't want to have to go through the trouble of changing addresses with everyone we've dealt with over the past four years since moving back home to California. We're hoping this will stay the same. But as for Kathleen's situation, I just don't know.

Karen

on 03:22 AM 9/14/2016, Tallguy said:

If you are going to get internet service from a provider (the ISP), they will also give you several email addresses. But, obviously, you will have to use their domain name. That is why you also should have a web-based address that is accessible through any internet provider, such as Yahoo, Gmail, and many others. If anyone uses a domain name from their service provider, it is only valid as long as they are a paid subscriber to that service. When you terminate your association with that provider, you also terminate your email address. Keep that in mind.

Tallguy

Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 11:45 PM

Well the problem I have with Time Warner is they wanted me to change my address to a TWC address instead of keeping <http://panics.com/>panics.com. I told them that was crazy. I told him I didn't want to change my email address I wanted to keep the same one.