Re: what is the main purpose of cloning a database.

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 10:44:57 +1100

Sure is.  What I'd like to see is Peoplesoft HR for example
install all its metadata in another schema than PSMAN.
Then it's a simple matter of cloning the schema for simple
code checks and testing.  Much better than 25000 tables...
Unfortunately, I still have to see one single Peoplesoft
installation - all the way to Peopletools 8.4.10 - where
that is the case.

Most unfortunate.  But it makes for a great test of the
backup/cloning mechanism! Can't complain. ;)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto

David Kurtz wrote,on my timestamp of 18/12/2008 10:20 AM:
I have to say that this does seem a bit extreme even for PeopleSoft.

The reason that you get this sort of request is that most of the application
is held as metadata in the 'PeopleTools tables' in the PeopleSoft (usually
SYSADM) schema.