Re: what is the main purpose of cloning a database.

  • From: "Jack van Zanen" <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:52:24 +1100

Hehe,  I was just about to mention that.

We prove our RMAN backups to tape work just about every day when we refresh
test/staging/development/UAT databases
Including every now and than a year old backup where tapes have to be
brought back in and inserted into the tape unit.

Quite comforting knowing you can restore your data

Jack

J.A. van Zanen