Re: ** trace file

  • From: Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:22:31 +0200

How do you empty the file? If that would be a solution for you, maybe the
problem of not getting more data into it can be solved. It sounds to me as
if the filename you use exists on a different inode as a result of the
operation. Oracle would write to the inode it started writing to no matter
what you do to the file. So if you empty it and the inode remains the same,
I'd imagine new data would still show up in the file.

Mathias

I also cannot remove the file or empty the trace file. Because after that