Re: ** trace file

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx" <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:04:40 -0600

Just use tracefile_identifier. Each part will get a new suffix. Works like a charm. Just have max_trace_file_size big enough for any single piece. If the limit is reached once the trace remains off even of you switch to a new file. That latter property may depend on the ps platform.

Sent from my iPod

On Apr 20, 2009, at 12:16 PM, A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tim,
I know the trace file name. I want to have a different name. For example I have a long procedure running for hours. I do a
oradebug setospid 400
oradebug unlimit
oradebug event 10046 trace name context forever , level 12
then after 5minutes :
oradebug event 10046 trace name context off

to get the trace file. This makes the file quite bulky. Then I do some changes like create index, analyze etc and after sometime I do this trace again and so on. I want to do the second part to separate file.

I might need to do this couple of time and cannot have a 1GB trace file.

I also cannot remove the file or empty the trace file. Because after that nothing goes into the file. Thanks