Re: ** trace file

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

Tim,

  I know the trace file name. I want to have a different name. For
example I have a long procedure running for hours. I do a

oradebug setospid 400

oradebug unlimit

oradebug event 10046 trace name context forever , level 12

then after 5minutes :

oradebug event 10046 trace name context off

to get the trace file. This makes the file quite bulky. Then I do some
changes like create index, analyze etc and after sometime I do this
trace  again and so on.  I want to  do the second part
to  separate file.

I might need to do this couple of time and cannot have a 1GB trace file.

I also cannot remove the file or empty the trace file. Because after that
nothing goes into the file. Thanks