Re: silly dbms_stats question

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thomas Day <tomdaytwo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 05:18:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Thu, 4/30/09, Thomas Day <tomdaytwo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We have tables that are being truncated nightly and then being re-loaded
> with data that is 99.99% identical with the previsous data.
> Other than exporting the good stats and re-importing them daily, is there
> any way to stop Oracle from marking the stats as stale?

I think this works. In 9i, alter each table nomonitoring. In 10g, set
statistics_level to basic, or an undocumented way but more precisely
controlled, set _dml_monitoring_enabled to false. This is a system
wide setting. So you may set it to false before the truncate and set
to true after the reload.

Yong Huang