From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jared Still
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:35 AM
To: Crisler, Jon
Cc: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Re: silly dbms_stats question

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

        My information was that dbms_stats does not update the
last_analyzed column of dba_tables / user_tables, and this affected all
versions of 10g, but was fixed in 11g.  However your test seems to
contradict my information, but I have tested this many times and found
it to be true, even on 10.2.0.3.    I wonder if there is a patch that
changed this behavior ?

Is there a database you can duplicate it on?

Possibly platform dependent?

Our databases are all on Windows or Linux.

Jared Still