RE: silly dbms_stats question

This is not at all my experience - irrespective of Oracle version. Can you post a test case where gathering statistics with dbms_stats does not update last_analyzed in all/dba/user_tables?

At 10:29 AM 4/24/2009, Crisler, Jon wrote:
My information was that dbms_stats does not update the last_analyzed column of dba_tables / user_tables, and this affected all versions of 10g, but was fixed in 11g. However your test seems to contradict my information, but I have tested this many times and found it to be true, even on 10.2.0.3. I wonder if there is a patch that changed this behavior ?

Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation
www.centrexcc.com