oracle 10g and db_keep_cache_size obsolete ?

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 12:54:47 -0400

Looking for opinions- would you consider db_keep_cache_size old-school
and unneeded for 10g if your doing auto memory management ?  We rarely
do this but ran across an app that has a lot of tables set to use the
KEEP pool, and I am having a difficult time finding enough memory to
satisfy the keep tables and a reasonable db_cache as well.  My feeling
is to just get rid of it since I wind up starving the rest of the
database for tables with a DEFAULT pool.