Re: linux environment question

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ted Coyle" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:08:20 +0000

On Dec 20, 2007 4:54 PM, Ted Coyle <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Niall,
>
> Make sure someone didn't try starting another instance.

That was my first thought too. I don't believe that to be the case here
though.

>   Not sure why you require a trailing slash in your system.  I don't have
> trailing slash and all works fine.

. oraenv calls dbhome which greps /etc/oratab to set the ORACLE_HOME - in
our oratab which had been manually edited the ORACLE_HOME string had a
trailing slash. The instance would have originally been started after
setting the environment using oraenv as well, so I think that that together
with Dan and Dimitri's explanations nails the problem down.

Thanks everyone.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield