Re: is Oracle evil? About former Sun Open Source @Oracle

  • From: Igor Neyman <igor.neyman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 14:57:45 -0400

>in many a shop it's not acceptable just because it does not have a MOS
equal when trouble hits.

Well, they could buy PG support from the companies providing it
(EnterpriseDB, etc...),
though I never tried that.

Support from PG mailing lists is quick and efficient.
You talk directly with core developers and they react with the patches
rather quickly (or explain to you what you were doing wrong and how to fix
it).

Igor Neyman
DBA (Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx