Re: encryption

  • From: Ryan January <rjjanuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 11:54:53 -0500

I'd first be looking to your security team to clarify *exactly* what
needs to be encrypted, where, and why.  Before that question is answered
you'll simply be chasing your tail.

Is this only for customer identifiable info persisted on disk, or does
that mean absolutely all data round tripped between the client and the
database?  Their answer may wildly change your approach to encryption.