Re: dbms_stats now that we are at 9.2

  • From: "GovindanK" <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:22:06 -0700

I should have used different word(s).  Sorry for causing concern. We did
not observe any technical difference/flaws. But we have lots of log
files (mostly insert only) which we donot want to be analyzed. We could
get around this by dynamically generating script to use
gather_table_statistics for desired tables. Gather_schema_statistics did
not fit within our timeframe. Also one dubious behaviour i observed was
(though i cannot reproduce it now) , the gather schema stats goes
analyzing in alphabetical sequence and we had a big table which was
getting hits almost all the time and the last analyzed time was updated
in the user_tables for all tables between A - S while this C table was
still not showing analyzed. I did not check the indexes of this C table
at that time.

HTH GovindanK