dbms_stats now that we are at 9.2

  • From: "Kline.Michael" <Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:55:20 -0400

Now that we are at 9.2 I can evaluate if we should go to dbms_stats now.
There were enough bugs that nailed us with it that we had to stay with
analyze before.

I'm also looking for a script that may allow me to build a:

BEGIN

  SYS.DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS (

      OwnName        => 'SYSADM'

     ,TabName        => 'PS_FI_IVOL_R00'

     ,PartName       => 'PS_FI_IVOL_R00_07'

    ,Granularity       => 'PARTITION'

    ,Method_Opt        => 'FOR ALL INDEXED COLUMNS SIZE 1 '

    ,Degree            => 4

    ,Cascade           => TRUE

    ,No_Invalidate     => FALSE);

END;

/

I'd like something where perhaps I could run a "@do_stats_partn owner
table partition"

I'll be tinkering with something soon, but maybe someone already has it
and can save me the time.

So, has anyone found a whole world of difference/improvement once they
converted to dbms_stats. Our past problems were almost all partitions...

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Mail Code TOC-7505

1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Va.  23227
Tel: 804.261.9446  Net: 643.9446

Cell: 804.744.1545
 <mailto:michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx> michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Seeing beyond Money(sm)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in
reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]