Re: dbms_stats now that we are at 9.2

  • From: GovindanK <gkatteri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael.Kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:21:14 -0700

We had issues with gather_schema_stats and we moved over to gather_table_states and since then have peace of mind(9.2.0.6); I have an build script that we are using in production which i will mail you offline later today.

HTH
GovindanK

Kline.Michael wrote:

Now that we are at 9.2 I can evaluate if we should go to dbms_stats now. There were enough bugs that nailed us with it that we had to stay with analyze before.

I'm also looking for a script that may allow me to build a:

BEGIN

  SYS.DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS (

      OwnName        => 'SYSADM'

     ,TabName        => 'PS_FI_IVOL_R00'

     ,PartName       => 'PS_FI_IVOL_R00_07'

    ,Granularity       => 'PARTITION'

    ,Method_Opt        => 'FOR ALL INDEXED COLUMNS SIZE 1 '

    ,Degree            => 4

    ,Cascade           => TRUE

    ,No_Invalidate     => FALSE);

END;

/

I'd like something where perhaps I could run a "@do_stats_partn owner table partition"

I'll be tinkering with something soon, but maybe someone already has it and can save me the time.

So, has anyone found a whole world of difference/improvement once they converted to dbms_stats. Our past problems were almost all partitions...

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Banks, Inc.
Mail Code TOC-7505