RE: db_recovery_file_dest_size

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 13:17:39 -0500

Sure, understood.   Virtualization is pretty cool and has its place, but
it has to be used wisely.  High stress mission-critical environments
that I would not hesitate to put on any other vendors hardware or OS,
including RH Linux, IMO should never be put under VMware...performance
is so bad.   My findings are that production databases just don't belong
on VMware unless the application is really small.  You really hit the
nail dead-on- its got to be low stress (i.e. light activity).   Although
performance is my big complaint, reliability seems to be fine.