Re: database decommission checklist

  • From: Gus Spier <gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:09:05 -0400

we are de-commissioning a database, but the requirement is to keep
this particular DB available in read-only status for 90 days.

Not really a problem, but in order to guarantee the DB doesn't open
read/write if the host reboots, we have to edit the dbstart script
such that, when it reads the oratab, it starts the other databases on
the server normally.  But ... when it comes to the SID for our
read-only DB, it goes "STARTUP MOUNT;" Then opens the DB "READ-ONLY"

R,

Gus