RE: block a field

  • From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:09:32 -0800 (PST)

VPD (Fine Grained Access Control) is available in Oracle 9i.

  - Kirti

David Boyd <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Thanks, Chris.  We're now in
Oracle9i.  When we upgrade to 10g, I definitely
want to try this solution.

David

>From: "Christian Antognini"
>CC:
>Subject: RE: block a field
>Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 21:00:30 +0100
>
>David
>
> >I should specify in more detail in my first message.  Actually we want
> >blocking a field in an existing view, not a table.  We don't want
>maintain
> >two sets of views and security.  We prefer to modify those existing
>views.
>
>If you work with 10g you can use VPD's column masking. The feature allows
>you to let return NULL to un-authorized users. Give a look to
>DBMS_RLS.ADD_POLICY, especially to the parameter SEC_RELEVANT_COLS and
>SEC_RELEVANT_COLS_OPT.
>

>HTH
>Chris

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.