Re: anyone having trouble contacting oracle support?

  • From: Kellyn Pedersen <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:49:16 -0700 (PDT)

I avoid opening SR's unless it's absolutely my last option, but I've had this
similar experience this week with a severity 2 ticket-  took over a day to
complete the SR with failures on uploads of logs and trace files that I knew
they would need and then had to escalate via phonecalls to duty managers four
different times after a ticket would sit at a standstill for over 24 hours,
(this was for my ghost sid issue I had this last week, btw is a bug that went
back to development for parallel inconsistent close upon degradation...)

I really cringe when my manager says, "We're paying for support, submit an
SR!"
OK, but only if I get a secretary to manage the mess... :)

Kellyn Pedersen
Sr. Database Administrator
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen
www.dbakevlar.blogspot.com

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."