RE: "all green lights" from SAs

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:47:10 -0700

One more thing to add on this - the last time it happened to me, they
reported all disks looked fine from their monitoring/management software
and we went back and forth about it for 3.5 hours.  It wasn't until I
asked them to quadruple check that someone actually walked back into the
datacenter and looked at the array that they saw one of the disks had
its amber light on.  So if you suspect a bad disk, don't rely on the
monitoring software - walk back and look at the actual disk array.

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael McMullen

I guess I'm just bitter from always getting pages of meaningless
printouts showing "all green lights" from SA's when I complain about
slow disks.