"all green lights" from SAs

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:36:20 -0700

When my SAs give me something like that, I give the output from "sar
-d", and historical stats from perfview or HP OpenView Performance
Manager showing that I usually get service times of 2ms and I'm
currently getting service times of 100ms and then they eventually figure
out that the disk array is running slow because the cache has been
disabled, or it was enabled for a LUN that it is supposed to be disabled
for, or there is a bad disk being rebuilt in the RAID 5 array.

Regards,
Brandon