Re: Why use Pro*C for spooling result sets to flat files when you can do the same thing in SQL*Plus?

  • From: Greg Rahn <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bwmyers@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 07:40:38 -0700

Because it's faster.  SQL*Plus is not very efficient when it comes to
formatting.  Tom Kyte had a good example (that I even use) called
array_flat (http://asktom.oracle.com/~tkyte/flat/index.html) but the
link no longer works.  More discussion of it here though:
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:74310961923056

--
Regards,
Greg Rahn