RE: What are the common mistakes DBA do retarding backup & Recovery?

  • From: "Robert Freeman" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:25:38 -0600

I wonder if part of this is that 10g is still fairly new in terms of
adoption at many companies and that in many places there is not yet an
overriding need for flashback technologies. I think as time goes on this
will change as more features take advantage of flashback technologies. Also
it's a new technology and it seems that new technologies like Flashback take
some time to get integrated into SOP.

Cheers!

RF

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com!
Sig V1.1