Re: What are the common mistakes DBA do retarding backup & Recovery?

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 08:50:01 -0400

Not doing RTFM.

On 7/4/07, Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List,

I would like hear from you about the common mistakes by most of the DBAs do
regarding the backup and recovery. I would think of the following:

1. Never testing their backups.
2. No good backup and recovery policies.
3. Afraid of using RMAN or Making benefits of RMAN

I would really like to know if there are any other points than what I
specified above.

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle ACE
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."

Alex Gorbachev, Oracle DBA Brewer, The Pythian Group
BAAG party -