Re: VB Access to Oracle Database

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:56:23 -0500

Sanjay,

I'm no VB expert, just a DBA that has had to deal with VB developers.
Usually, I say that if SQL*Plus works correctly, then SQL*Net is correctly
configured so the problem must be in VB or the Microsoft configuration.
   All the things you mention that you tried simply confirm that SQL*Net is
correctly configured.
   You say that one of the PC's works correctly. I would try to find out
what is different about the VB configuration on that PC vs. the other two. I
think that will likely correct the problem. Unfortunately, I can't tell you
what to check on the Microsoft side. Are you using ODBC?

Dennis Williams