Re: VB Access to Oracle Database

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:52:32 -0700 (PDT)

  I don't think I ma using ODBC as nothing is configured from ODBC perpective.
The VB application is .msi compiled with Oracle libraries on the development
side and I had executed the msi executable to install the application on all QA
  I will check with Development as if the VB application is compile with Oracle
10g or any other version which may be giving this issue. As I found that PC
where it is working has Oracle 8i/9i/10g client installed.

Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I'm no VB expert, just a DBA that has had to deal with VB developers.
Usually, I say that if SQL*Plus works correctly, then SQL*Net is correctly
configured so the problem must be in VB or the Microsoft configuration.
      All the things you mention that you tried simply confirm that SQL*Net is
correctly configured.
    You say that one of the PC's works correctly. I would try to find out what
is different about the VB configuration on that PC vs. the other two. I think
that will likely correct the problem. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what to
check on the Microsoft side. Are you using ODBC?
  Dennis Williams