Re: VB Access to Oracle Database

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:52:14 +0100

Hi Sanjay

"database does not exist" is not an Oracle error.  It looks like an
application developers exception handling message to me which is masking the
underlying error.

It might well be worth running

select username,service_name from v$session;

once the vb app is successfully connected. That will tell you what service
the machine is using.

Niall

On 7/10/07, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had a weird situation where I had 3 PC and Oracle 10g Client is
installed on them. I had installed one of the VB application on all three
connecting to Oracle 10g DB.

One PC is able to read the Service correctly and connect to the database
while others are not

THere is only One Oracle Home on them

Sqlplus work fine in connecting to the Database and So TNS Service or
alias are correct

I tried to trace parameter in sqlnet.ora but found that only Sqlplus
connection is only creating Trace file while there is no trace file created
with VB Access which look like that it is not reading the Tnsnames.

No Oracle errors except database does not exist

I had also added TNS_ADMIN in environment pointing to OH/network/admin

Any other suggestion

TIA
Sanjay

Food