Upgrade session interrupted - nohup catupgrd.sql?

  • From: cam <kadmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:28:42 +0100

Hello all,

This seems like an obvious and common one but I haven't managed to
find any relevant Q&As here or on the OTN discussion boards.

While remotely running catupgrd.sql to take an instance from 9.2.0.8
to 11.1.0.7 my session was killed... When I got back on, I decided the
situation was closest to the situation described under Resource
exhaustion in the 11g Upgrade guide and went for:

- shutdown abort
- startup upgrade
- @catupgrd.sql

This seems to have just completed successfully but I'd be interested
in any responses to the following:

- does this seem like the correct way to resume the upgrade - it isn't
explicitly documented anywhere.
- since its not interactive, I assume its OK to nohup catupgrd - but
people don't often seem to do it. Can anyone confirm that it works and
doesn't get confused for some reason?

cam