Re: Upgrade session interrupted - nohup catupgrd.sql?

  • From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <troach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:01:39 +0200

troach@xxxxxxxxx pisze:
> You got a lot of comments which are good. When running these things remote I
> always use screen so that if my session is disconnected I am able to
> reconnect without it getting killed due to a network interrupt or something
> happening on the client side like Windows trying to automatically restart due
> to a windows update or a system crash. Just my 2 cents :)

[..]
> - since its not interactive, I assume its OK to nohup catupgrd - but
> people don't often seem to do it. Can anyone confirm that it works and
> doesn't get confused for some reason?
[..]

using nohup on AIX or Solaris is quite comfortable - one may run
something, interact and when coming to long-running non-interactive part
of process just call nohup -p <pid of one's command> and exit with
process running in background as a child of init

Regards
Remigiusz

--
Pole nakazi

Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>
pos   : DBA at DIiUSI
addr  : Nordea Bank Polska SA, Luzycka 6A Street, 81-537 Gdynia, Poland
phone : +48 58 667 17 43
mobile: +48 602 42 42 77