Re: Upgrade session interrupted - nohup catupgrd.sql?

  • From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kadmon@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:59:43 +0200

What others have already recommended, but on top of that I would be careful
with a shutdown abort prior to startup upgrade.

I've had cases at more than 1 customer where I could reproduce core dumps
(ORA-7445) and ORA-600's doing that.

And yes, some version of the upgrade guide recommends to do exactly this. I
would however do a shutdown immediate if you're planning to run the upgrade
afterwards. And this coming from a great fan of shutdown abort ;-)

My CHF 0.02

Stefan

=========================

Stefan P Knecht