Re: Symantec Storage Foundation for Oracle RAC

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ken_nguyen@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:12:45 -0700 (PDT)

I have used the SFOR previously, but not on the current versions and not with
10g DB. I had no problems with the SFOR software.

If I were implementing a cluster today with 10g, I wouldn't use any non-Oracle
clusterware. Instead, I'd just use Oracle Clusterware as it provides all the HA
you'll need for the DB. Maybe you have other reasons for using SFOR...I hope
you do because I couldn't justify the investment given the current
architecture.

Others have posted similarly on this list and in OTN forums as well.

Dan