RE: Subscribe_for_node_down_event

  • From: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>, <fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:54:44 -0700

Thanks for the suggestions. The answers highlight something I am
beginning to think I don't understand fully and perhaps you can help.
The question is. which home should the listener be running from. This is
a recent installation and for the first time I have followed Oracle's
suggestion and created a separate home for ASM. In previous
installations ASM and RDBMS shared the same home but now I have three,
CRS, ASM and RDBMS home. Things are configured now such that when the
nodes are rebooted the listener is started out of the ASM home. My
question is, should the listener start out of a particular home or does
it matter?

Also, the environment variable ORACLE_CONFIG_HOME is one I am not
familiar with, what does that do?

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis