RE: ORA 28604 - table is too fragmented

Jacques,

The reason I am executing these commands is to force the bitmap index to
complete. I am not sure how that
works internally with oracle. My goal is not specifically to minimize
records_per_block, though

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Jacques
             Kilchoer"
             <Jacques.Kilchoer                                          To
             @quest.com>               <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                       >, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             05/18/2007 07:52                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: ORA 28604 - table is too
                                       fragmented

This is pure guesswork on my part, but if you want to minimize the number
of records per block, could you do it be re-creating the table with a high
PCTFREE?