RE: Subscribe_for_node_down_event

Fairlie,

Thanks for the response. Here is another piece to the puzzle which to me
just adds to the confusion. On node 1...

$ srvctl status nodeapps -n brownshoe

hangs

$ onsctl ping
Number of onsconfiguration retrieved, numcfg = 2
onscfg[0]
   {node = brownshoe.ucdavis.edu, port = 6200}
Adding remote host brownshoe.ucdavis.edu:6200
onscfg[1]
   {node = tenspeed.ucdavis.edu, port = 6200}
Adding remote host tenspeed.ucdavis.edu:6200
ons is not running ...
$

on node 2 I see...

$ srvctl status nodeapps -n tenspeed
VIP is running on node: tenspeed
GSD is running on node: tenspeed
Listener is not running on node: tenspeed
ONS daemon is running on node: tenspeed
$ onsctl ping
Number of onsconfiguration retrieved, numcfg = 2
onscfg[0]
   {node = brownshoe.ucdavis.edu, port = 6200}
Adding remote host brownshoe.ucdavis.edu:6200
onscfg[1]
   {node = tenspeed.ucdavis.edu, port = 6200}
Adding remote host tenspeed.ucdavis.edu:6200
ons is not running ...
$

Why does node 1 hang and why does srvctl show ons running but onsctl
ping says no. I don't understand the discrepancy.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center