Re: Storing blobs in database vs filesystem

  • From: "Sandeep Dubey" <dubey.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:30:47 -0400

My database is not on RAC, though we use data guard and linux cluster
(heratbeat). The blobs are not updateable.

I am currently testing on the perfomance on reading/writing blob to
database vs filesystem. To my suprise I found out to read about 6kb
size of blob from database takes 200 ms, where as on file system it
takes 550 ms - over 2.5 times more. I was expecting it to other wise.
For writing database as well filesystem is taking 60 ms. Again I was
expecting read to be faster than write.

Sandeep