Re: Speaking of New Features

  • From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chet.justice@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:30:14 +0300

According to http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Oracle_2 joins in Oracle were
introduced in 1979. However it is not quite clear when the outer joins
were introduced (probably in the same Oracle 2, probably later), but I
suspect that (+) syntax were introduced a while before outer joins
were standardized. BTW SQL Server also had legacy syntax (*) for outer
joins and this also somehow confirms that initially there wasn't any
standard for that.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu