RE: Speaking of New Features

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:41:47 -0400

I think the pl/sql parameter list format would be better since with
comments in front of the values clause you do not eliminate the need to
also have a separate column name list so you can insert the values in a
non-default order or omit some of them and accept null for their value.
Worse a typing error could result in the comments and the values not
matching up properly.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148