RE: Skip scans

  • From: "Lex de Haan" <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <barb.baker@xxxxxxxxx>, <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:49:11 +0100

the danger with index skip scanning is that (afaik) some heuristics are
involved.
it is very complicated for the CBO to base decisions purely on statistics;
in other words, the decisions are also based upon some "reasonable"
guesswork...
additions/corrections welcome,

Lex.

Tom Kyte Seminar: http://www.naturaljoin.nl/events/seminars.html