Re: Script to remove network log/trace files

  • From: "J. Dex" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exriscer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 22:07:10 -0500

Unfortunately, due to security reasons I am not allowed to download any additional tools onto this server so I am looking for a way to do this using code that can be used on a Microsoft Server.

From: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
To: cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Script to remove network log/trace files
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 00:50:35 +0100

hi

You can run your unix scripts in cygwin or any other similar tools. I havent
got idea in windows scripting neither and that is how I do it.

Rgds

On 1/7/07, J. Dex <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone have a script for Windows that will archive old network log
and
trace files and also remove any that are more than a month old (or at
least
be able to run under a monthly scheduled task)?    I have done this in
UNIX
but not on Windows.

Communicate instantly! Use your Hotmail address to sign into Windows Live
Messenger now. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

Type your favorite song.  Get a customized station.  Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001