Re: Script to remove network log/trace files

On 1/8/07, rama.ari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <rama.ari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dex,

You can write small batch file with following command and schedule it as
task scheduler in windows environment. I strongly suggest you test in
dev/test environment before implementing in prod env.

forfiles -p D:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\logs -m *.log -d -30 -c "CMD
/C DEL @FILE"

Thanks,

Rama Ari

Rama,

For some reason, MS likes to change the syntax of the forfiles.exe utility
with each release of their server operating systems.

If you're going to use that against a W2K3 Server, the hyphens have been
replaced by forward slashes. More has changed than just the switch character
as the functionality of the @FILE, @PATH and @FNAME have also changed.

Paul