Re: RMAN rant

  • From: "dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:32:11 +0800

Thank you John.  I didn't ask for an explanation of the RMAN commands or its
capabilities, far from it.  Can I ask you to re-read my post and try to
understand it before replying off-topic?

On Fri Oct 29  5:32 , John Thomas  sent:

>If you want to back up an online Oracle database you can:write a script to
generate begin backup... copy all the datafiles and logfiles to the backup
device
(split the mirrors, whatever)...
>end backup for all the tablespaces;switch logfileshope your scripts are correct
and did not miss any filesOR logon to RMAN TARGET / and type BACKUP DATABASE
PLUS
ARCHIVELOG;