Re: SVG and OEM on windows 64 bit

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:26:49 -0700

It's like a Dilbert cartoon - using flash where it's not needed and not
using it where it is needed. Flash is needed for dense interactive data
representations.  For textual information I'd want light weight pages, ie no
flash, but for graphics, like performance charts, where the graphics are
interactive, there is no option but having something like Flash (Flex),
google visualizations (
http://code.google.com/apis/visualization/documentation/gallery.html) or
html 5. HTML 5 is not yet adoptable, Google visualizations only work when
connected to the net so the only wide ranging option I know if is Flash
(Flex).

The finance.yahoo.com is a good example of nice Flash usage,
http://tinyurl.com/29at9ax
*
*
I'm wonder what options there are for interactive graphics in web pages.
Maybe there are other technologies. Maybe AJAX can be cleverly used but
AJAX, though nifty, seems to have it's limitations.

After working at Oracle for 13 years , UI seemed to be some of the worst in
the valley often harking back to web pages from 1992, it's nice to be at
 Delphix, a company that seems to appreciate UI and aesthetics. I never
understood why Oracle's UI wasn't better since  Larry was such good friends
with Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs and Apple are so good at look and feel. I
figured Steve Jobs would have influenced Larry and Oracle to have great UI,
 but alas there has never been any indication of that other than the fun
demos Larry and Steve use to do around Oracle and the NEXT machine back in
the day.

Best
Kyle